THE CURTIS BAY COMMUNITY NEEDS YOU!
- Must be at least 18 years old and have reliable transportation.
- Must have at least a High School Diploma and experience with community organizing.
- Must be able to work independently and be self motivated.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Must have a passion and belief in community empowerment
The Community of Curtis Bay Organizer position will work the Board leadership team to strengthen the base building
(outreach, recruitment and engagement), leadership development and campaign participation of Curtis Bay residents/workers. The position prioritizes outreach, relationship building, and deep listening to generate member recruitment; facilitating the collective capacity of new/existing residents/workers to be part of campaign and organizational leadership; implementing campaign strategies and tactics; and cultivating oneself as an organizational leader. Administrative tasks are performed remotely while community organizing work is performed in the field. The Community Organizer reports to the leadership team.
TIME COMMITMENT, QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- This position is Part-Time and supports up to 20 hours per week including Evenings and some weekends
- Due to the nature of the workflow, this individual maintains a flexible schedule.
- Administrative office work is remote but the majority of the position is outreach and field work
Interested applicants should send their resume and
cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1/31/2022